Monday, September 21, 2009

Scratch Project

Scratch Project

Scratch is a fun cartoon builder where you play the director. You decide which characters are in the show and what they do when, in relation to movement, body position and sounds.
I found scratch quite complicated to use as the buttons were confusing and frustrating. There are definitely holes in my Scratch knowledge which makes me think I might grow to like it over time as I become more familiar with it and its characteristics. I struggled to manipulate my 'sprites' in the way I wanted but I feel I took advantage of the time we had available to play.

I could use Scratch again but I would need to do a lot more 'research'/play with it as I could not hope to be successful in a classroom using Scratch with out actually understanding and enjoying Scratch myself. I could use Scratch to look at narrative with a class, first they would make their own simple plot and we would tackle it bit by bit with Scratch. Maybe doing one plot as a class before the children work on their own individual stories. It would be hard to monitor and help the children but I sense that they would really have fun with it and pick it up a lot quicker than me, making the lesson motivational and exciting to them.

Again my opinion is a bit premature as to really know how I feel about Scratch I would need to become much more familiar with it. I enjoyed it a bit, though I did not fully understand it and became frustrated when I could not manipulate my characters in the way I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment