Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Edmodo


Edmodo is fascinating! I honestly did not realise that there was a free site out there that could do so much to enhance classroom life, for FREE. Edmodo is a site that teachers and their students can use to communicate, send reminders, set and hand in homework, grade work privately and comment on each others work.

This, I see, as an amazing tool for homework both setting and handing back. Also to keep in touch with students who cannot be in the classroom for whatever reason. When I was on practicum there were a few students who were away at various times due to family holidays, sickness, bones breaking and so on. One girl in particular was only in the school for 4 days of my three week practicum! Edmodo would come in handy in this situation and many others like it, the student would not have to slip behind and could come back to school feeling up to date with both classroom work and the current classroom status.

I could see myself using Edmodo in my classroom for the above uses (at LEAST) and finally finding a way to bridge that gap between school and home, the gap in both space and time where homework and assignments go missing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment